Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Beef Stroganoff

I ripped this recipe off a Carnation Milk can. I have since lost the recipe so I'm only going by memory.

1 tin Carnation Lite Evaporated Milk
Beef (I usually use a tray of diced beef)
Plain flour
Pepper
Mushrooms
1 onion chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 sachet of tomato paste
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard (or more if you want)

- cook the onion and garlic in a little oil
- mix the flour and pepper together
- coat the meat with the flour mix
- add to the pan and brown
- add the carnation milk, tomato paste, mustard and mushrooms and simmer until the sauce thickens.

I think they suggest serving with fettucine but I prefer brown rice and some veggies.

2 comments:

KatieP said...

How's the post competition week going? Did you have trouble eating healthy again.
Email me - I need to know!!
thin-enough@optusnet.com.au

Unknown said...

Thanks for that Michelle.