Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What Next

I have been thinking about my goals and basically what is next for me. I would love to do another comp and try and improve my ranking but after listening to Liz and Lindy on Sunday I think it would be better if I take my time and try and build some muscle rather than rush into another comp this year and be less than my best. After looking at the photos of the comp I can see that my upper body needs a bit of work. I need to work on my form and make sure I'm engaging the correct muscle during training.

Surprisingly, I was quite happy with my legs. As much as I complained under my breath about my leg workouts prior to the comp, they toned my legs up nicely so supersetting hamstring curls with suicide runs do actually work and lets not forget incline leg press with defensive squats on the BOSU (groan!)

I also felt as though my posing let me down a bit. I could never quite get the symmetry poses correct and while on stage I totally forgot to stick my butt and chest out so I tended to look a little hunched. My gym hold posing classes on a Sunday which I didn't know about until recently and I think I'll tag along so next time when I'm on stage it will be like second nature.

3 comments:

Kek said...

Sounds like a good plan Michelle. I think you did an awesome job, but it's a good thing to be able to do some objective assessment of where you're at. If you're one of those girls who rushes into comp after comp, I doubt you can ever really make significant muscle gains, so time off is important.

I'm actually glad I didn't do the comp I was originally going to do last year. Hopefully I'll have less of a flat butt now. :o)

As for defensive squats on the BOSU.... eeek!! My legs hurt just thinking about them.

ms_attitude said...

Omigod... I am away from blogland for two weeks and everything happens!
Congratulations to you, you look awesome in the photos, you must be really proud of your achievement!

Debstar said...

I was going to ask you if you had plans for the future. It's good to have something more to aim for and not just come to a grinding stop.