Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Back To My Old Haunts

Today I went back to my old worksite to do some sampling. It was lovely to go and see the place and people again. I was there for 14 years so most of my adult life was spent employed at this place so it kind of felt like going home.

My current workplace has downsized which resulted in them letting a couple of our samplers go which means that the rest of us have to go out more often. I don't mind doing it but I work my hours around school and often sampling starts at 6 am so I think I'm going to struggle a bit. The other issue is that myself and another person had to go sampling and neither of us knew where the sample points were and all we had was a dodgy map. I guess we were lucky that I had worked there previously but the plant is so big and we had to go bush several times. So it was fun day where we spent a lot of time driving around looking for these samples and to top it off we got bogged. We got back to work covered in mud, hot and tired but I don't think I've laughed so much and there is always a sense of accomplishment when you get yourself out of a sticky situation. Next time will be so much easier.

No comments: