Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm Still Here

I haven't had a lot of opportunity to blog lately. One of my goals at the moment is to spend more time with my family and a little less on the computer. That and I have to fight my baby for the computer.

By the end of last year I had been feeling frazzled and a little fed up with everything. I was just going through the motions with exercise, work and family life. I seem to have found my spark again lately and I think it is largely due to having a couple of weeks off work where I slobbed around the house (it was too hot to do anything else), trained when I felt like it not because I felt I had too and relaxed with my eating. Yes, I gained an extra kg but I'm feeling content and loving life again. I had the best day today. I hit the gym for a weights workout, took my girls out for morning tea and then onto the Art Gallery where they were having art activities for children. We had a great morning and I feel blessed to be able to spend quality time with my beautiful girls.

It seems that competition fever has started up with a lot of people beginning their prep. I'm beginning to regret my decision to not compete this year but I know its just not possible with everything that we have on. Oh well, it just gives me more time to grow some huuuuge muscles, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I think that we all need a break from the computer every now and again Michelle. I get a bit frustrated with it occasionally. All the comp prep is exciting isn't it! But it is good because it keeps us all motivated!