Pages

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Thanks Miss Liz!

I received 2 emails from the beautiful Miss Liz today and both times I ended up in tears purely because she hit the nail on the proverbial head. As everyone knows I train almost exclusively at home. I don't have a network of fitness buddies that I can gossip with or to feed off their enthusiam and to stop blogging now will only isolate myself even further from the fitness community and essentially dig myself further down that hole in which I am currently residing. Maintenance is tough going and its important to learn how to find the motivation to get out of bed at sparrow's fart when I don't have an immediate goal. So while I continue to claw myself out of the hole I will be Nike-ing it and "Just Doin' It"

With that in mind this morning I got up and did a Michelle's Slap Together workout. Here's what I did:

5 min warm up on the bike
1 min/leg fast step-ups on step
push-ups
10/20 sec intervals on bike (10 times)
sit ups
100 skips with jump rope
30 secs iceskaters (love these)
30 secs squat jumps (hate these)
30 secs basketball jumps
10 x over the fence jumps

I would have gone through this a couple of times but I fluffed around on the computer this morning a bit too long and ran out of time but it was a fun workout and did the job of getting my heartrate up.

6 comments:

LizN said...

Good to see :) Now I have to agree with you squat jumps aren't much fun (don't tell anyone!)

xox

Shar said...

I tend to want to do the same Michelle but have decided that the good, bad and the ugly will be blogged from now on, I'm only human after all.
My bet is that those that seem to 'do well' all the time, really arn't doing so good all of the time.
Stay with it, we are all reading whether its postive or not and those that want positive all the time don't have to read.

Shar x

Kek said...

NOW the truth comes out...the evil coach even hates squat jumps! ;o)

Nice work, Michelle. I reckon the workouts you do when you really don't feel up to it (even if they're half-arsed) are worth far more than the rocking ones you do when you're firing on all cylinders.

I know exactly how you feel with the isolation thing and the lack of fit friends in the real world. A BIG "me too" here... :o( Keeping up with blogs, Facebook and forums is the only way I can keep myself going. It's always tempting to retreat when things aren't going well, and I've done it myself in the past, but trust me, it makes the whole situation much, much worse.

Whinge if you feel like it - we don't mind. Everyone's entitled to bitch and moan for a bit while they sort their shit out. We'll slap you if it gets out of hand, don't worry.

;o)

P.S. The word verification is WRITE. Hmm, there's a sign for you!

Magda said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm hearing you on the training alone front. Some days its a breeze, others its a massive struggle and I often dont win. But harder still is trying to diet down on your own. Thats a battle I just havent mastered.

When I read your blog I always admire how well you're doing considering your circumstances.

Keep up the good work

XX Magda

Anonymous said...

Liz is right you know Michelle. Being honest and upfront with yourself is so much more rewarding in the end. We can't control who does and doesn't judge us so it makes no difference what we blog about. It's what you think of yourself that matters.

I can guarantee that I've been harshly judged behind my back for my recent surgeries and in all honesty I couldn't care less. What I do with my life is my business and nobody elses. Just like what you do with your life is your business and nobody eleses. Honest to goodness people won't judge you Michelle, they'll support you in the good times and the bad times judgement aside.

Just keep it real and don't worry about anybody else. ;o)

Lia xxx

Tara said...

I am with the others Michelle, we are not here to judge you. We all have crap going on in our lives. Its only natural. Just because some people chose to not blog about things that are really bad in their lives does not mean that they do not suffer. Hang in there, I for one love reading your blog. I train at home 100% atm too. So know how u feel.