Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Catching My Breath

I actually don't have anything on this weekend for the first time in what seems forever. Well, that's apart from going to the gym and taking the kids to gymnastics. Life has been hectic as usual since getting back from our weekend away. I finally decided to go to the doctor to see if there was any medical reason for me being tired all the time. Initially I thought it was just a big old waste of my time especially when she suggested that I get 15 minutes of exercise per day - I literally laughed at her - and then she said that it might be a good idea to change the colours in my house because that might help me get back my mojo. Okaaaaay!! About the only sensible thing she said to me was after I calmly said that I normally do a little more than 15 minutes of exercise a day she recommended that I push myself a bit harder - that maybe my body isn't working hard enough. She is most probably right as I have only been going through the motions recently. So this week I have changed my program and taking the dog for a run a couple of mornings instead of our normal walk. I also included a Body Balance as my sciatic has been playing up a little and the stretching will do it good and I have found my love for Body Attack again. I would like to include some more outdoor workouts as well - even if its just taking the girls on a bike ride. I am feeling better for the changes but I'm still getting tired and am interested to see if anything shows up in my blood work.

I've also been feeling as though I'm at a crossroads with regard to work. Something pretty significant has happened and while I'm not sure what is in store it maybe a chance to make a change although I'm not really sure what I want to be when I grow up yet. This is difficult for me as I always have a definite plan and for things to be up in the air leaves me feeling uneasy. At the moment I'll just sit on my hands.

The girls have their concert next weekend and my sis is coming over from Perth on Monday for the week. This is usually a pretty full-on week but now the kids are that bit older I won't have to sit and wait during every rehearsal, besides I don't have a Blue Card so I'm not allowed backstage (coz I'm such a shady character LOL!).

That's pretty much all from me this week. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

LizN said...

Great to see you posting again - I'm the same as you, tired all the time. But I'm also iron deficient!