Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Ups and Downs



Yesterday I saw photos of someone else's transformation. I said to Mal that this was the chick who was going to win it, she looked absolutely incredible. I had a fleeting moment the other day that I might be able to come first which would be fantastic as the prizes are amazing. After seeing the other pics I became disappointed and started to do the whole would-a, could-a, should-a, didn't thing. Logic tells me not to compare my results with anyone else's but I think it is human nature. Realistically, I was never in this thing to replicate comp prep. The idea of that sort of prep makes me want to sit in the corner, rocking back and forth. That was what was required though to get the results I saw. For me, it is not maintainable and I have to remind myself that I look okay without going to extreme. I'm eating clean, healthy food, I've cut the nightly treats (and have realised I wasn't eating them out of hunger but 'just because') and I am putting in my all in the gym (and loving every second of it). I may not win a shiny trophy but I've gained so much more.

Post a Comment