Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Ups and Downs



Yesterday I saw photos of someone else's transformation. I said to Mal that this was the chick who was going to win it, she looked absolutely incredible. I had a fleeting moment the other day that I might be able to come first which would be fantastic as the prizes are amazing. After seeing the other pics I became disappointed and started to do the whole would-a, could-a, should-a, didn't thing. Logic tells me not to compare my results with anyone else's but I think it is human nature. Realistically, I was never in this thing to replicate comp prep. The idea of that sort of prep makes me want to sit in the corner, rocking back and forth. That was what was required though to get the results I saw. For me, it is not maintainable and I have to remind myself that I look okay without going to extreme. I'm eating clean, healthy food, I've cut the nightly treats (and have realised I wasn't eating them out of hunger but 'just because') and I am putting in my all in the gym (and loving every second of it). I may not win a shiny trophy but I've gained so much more.

6 comments:

Magda said...

Somewhere between the comp prep lifestyle and total slothdom (how do you like that word??) there is a happy middle ground. You seem to have found that Mich and so you HAVE gained so much more.

Unknown said...

Love that word ... think I might use it sometime ;)

Liz N said...

I think you're amazing chook~

Sandra said...

You've given it your best shot - and enjoyed the journey by the sounds of your posts...as far as I can see - you're already a winner, Michelle.xx

Rob01 said...

Its funny how the psyche works Michelle, I had exactly the same reaction to the transformation pics. But not just the one you mentioned - i felt that way when I saw YOUR pics too! Its silly really, I don't have the sort of physique that builds muscle, I wasn't expecting to win anything, and I'm VERY happy with the results that I got, but still I felt that way. So psyched out that I didn't submit an entry in the end. I'm actually really happy & excited for all the peeps with fab transformations, but at the same time feel just a little bit second-best ... weird. :-)

Unknown said...

Yes, that's how I feel Rob! I'm so happy for everyone after seeing their transformations but that old "not good enough" feeling came back to haunt me. Shame you didn't submit your entry ... you built some great muscle going by your 'Arms Race' pics. I find it really hard to build muscle as well which was why I didn't want to reduce my cals to 'lean out'