Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Winging It

I may have said this in the past but I'm the sort of person who likes to have a plan.  I'm the girl in the gym who walks around with a book or bits of paper and follows the program to the letter.  Lately I have been improvising my workouts, depending on how I feel on the day.  This is all totally new to me and, you know what, I'm enjoying it.  I go in with a bit of a game plan, like yesterday, I wanted to work on my overhead squats as I found them challenging when I did them last week.  I decided to keep the weight low and really focus on form.  Other than that the rest of the workout was impromtu with some caterpillar walks (I think that's what they are called), some ab work and I practiced my squat technique facing a wall.  I then ended the session with loads of stretching.  All in all, a good day at the gym :-)

2 comments:

Liz N said...

I really enjoy a bit of gym randomness lol

Unknown said...

Yep, it nice to do something different.