Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Easy Options

I have noticed when I train in a group of people, whether it be Crossfit or Bootcamp, I will always talk myself down.  I guess I think that if I keep the expectations low then I won't be too disappointed if I fail or maybe it gives me an easier benchmark to reach.  Because of that though, I get frustrated when I know I can go up in my scaling only for the coach to advise that I stay with the easier options.  An example of this was the partner WOD I did on Saturday, I know I can lift 70 kg on deadlift but the coach suggested that I only go for 40 kg.  I also know that I can do pullups but seem to be stuck with jumping pullups as we never have time to go through the band options.  The thing is  I never tell them that I'm capable of much more, I just go with the scaling they give me because it makes it easier to get through the workout.  At the end of the day, I suppose I'm only cheating myself.

2 comments:

Liz N said...

It's a confidence thing - remember no lessons to be learned if you don't fail every now and again xx

Unknown said...

Yes, I think it's time I move out of my comfort zone.

M xx