Pages

Monday, December 03, 2012

Training A Weakness

I have many weaknesses ... I guess that comes from being pretty unathletic.  Some moves just don't come naturally to me as I have discussed several times.  I have been focusing on those weaknesses; I have been practising at home most days and it is frustrating as I feel like I'm going nowhere fast because I'm just not getting any better.  I saw this tip on a blog on the weekend:

"You can’t just train weaknesses. It’s too depressing. Every now and then, pick something you are amazing at and crush it."

Tonight is deadlift night ... deadlifts always boost my spirit.

2 comments:

Magda said...

I like that advice. In Geoff Heugill's autobiography (Be Your Best) he recommends that you find what you're good at and work hard to become excellent at it. There is no advice to waste time on weaknesses. Interesting philosophy probably best suited at elite athletes.

M

Unknown said...

I guess I'm still finding out what I'm good at. LOL! I'm hoping with practice my weaknesses will become a strength (or at least not as weak!) but I have started to focus on the fact I'm sucky rather than celebrating what I'm doing well at.