Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Hello 2013


I'm excited for this year.  I'm not really sure why as I don't have any BHAGs (big hairy audacious goals) on the horizon, the plan is to keep moving forward and improving every workout and celebrate my own achievements no matter how small.  There are times when I find it hard to see how I'm getting better as I often look how others are moving ahead in leaps and bounds but as I look back I realise how far I have come over the last year.

My adorable husband organised some PT sessions with Jardan from JM Evolution Fitness.  I'm so excited to be able to train with her as she knows just how to push me that little bit harder.  I can see that my fitness will improve out of sight under her guidance.

As I said, I don't have any major goals but I do have some smaller ones.  These started before the New Year so I can't really call them New Year Resolutions/Goals but here they are anyway:

  1. Kipping pull ups.  I have just started learning these and am currently getting assistance with the band.  The goal is to do these without the band.
  2. Double unders.  I am improving but would like to do them unbroken.
  3. Box jumps.  The ultimate goal is onto a 20" box but a smaller goal is to jump onto the lowest one we have at the gym which is 12" and then the 16".
  4. Do a workout as prescribed (RXd).
I think all these are achievable and not too crazy but also not overly easy that I will get them straight away.  I have a few other goals that I wish to achieve but I don't want to overwhelm myself with too many at once.  Here's to a fantastic 2013 :-)

2 comments:

Jennifer Jones said...

Good luck for 2013 Michelle. Looking forward to hearing more about your goals as the year progresses.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen :-)