Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kelly

Today was one of the new girls, Kelly and it looked like this:

5 Rounds For Time:
Run 400m
30 Box Jumps
30 Wall Ball Shots 10kg/6kg

A nasty, nasty workout!

I was feeling a little bit flat today and almost turned the car around to go back home but I figured I made the effort to get dressed and drive to the gym so I may as well just stay.

I was concerned about this one.  150 wall balls all up along with 150 box jumps and 2 km run ... it was going to be tough.  I decided on a 3 kg wall ball for this one and try to work on technique and speed.  There were times I felt like this was a bit of a cop out but at the same time I was more fluid with the movement (most of the time) and I think I got more out of the workout by doing this rather than struggling at a higher weight.  I still have a way to go with my wall balls but today I feel like I made some progress and there was something that just sort of clicked.  I remember thinking at one point as I was hitting my depth for my squat that it felt "right" so I may not have had progress with regard to the weight but I got progress with form.

My time for this workout was a smidge over 33 minutes.  I had a couple of bouts of nausea and dizziness in the last couple of rounds which meant I had to stop for a breather so I think I could improve on my time the next time I do it.

No comments: