Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Elizabeth

I decided to go to the gym this morning after nearly a week off.  In hindsight, most probably not the best decision as I'm feeling wrung out now but my thoughts were that I scale right back and not push too hard.  That's great in theory but as soon as the timer goes off things change.

Today's workout was Elizabeth which is:
For time:
21, 15, 9, Reps of:
Squat Clean 60kg/40kg
Ring Dips
 
My weight choice was 15 kg for squat cleans which is well under what I would have done if I were on top of my game and I used a purple band for ring dips (I would normally use an orange band).  The WOD took me 6 min 46 sec to complete which I was pretty happy with but I'm frustrated with how I feel afterwards ... I could easily go back to bed and sleep for the rest of the day.  Anyone would think I ran a marathon not a sub 7 minute workout.
 
Despite that, I think Elizabeth is going to be another favourite WOD and I really want to do it again with a heavier squat clean.  In the meantime, I'll continue to focus on getting better.  My plan is to rest as required, have light weights days (I don't need to get a PB each time I enter the box), remember to take my supps and reduce my social media at night which will hopefully mean better quality and more sleep.

No comments: