Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'm Boooored

Here I am, at work at 6:30 in the morning and I'm bored out of my scone. It doesn't hold much hope for the rest of the day, does it? It tends to be feast or famine here, one week we have more samples that we can cope with the next there is absolutely nothing. There's most probably plenty for me to do if I looked hard enough but, you know what, I just couldn't be bothered.

Training is going well. Liz has upped the intensity yet again and has changed up my weights program. Some exercises look very challenging but I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I had an epiphany after the weekend. You see, we went to a friends place for a barbecue. Now it was one of those easy barbies that everyone takes a plate of nibblies and the main meal is sausage on bread (followed by dessert). The thing was on Monday my training was, for want of a better word, crap. I had absolutely no energy, I couldn't lift what I normally do and I basically didn't want to be there. I thought to myself, ' If I had of eaten properly the day before I wouldn't be feeling like this.' Its funny because who doesn't know that if your diet is no good your training will suffer as a result but I really thought I could get away with one day of poor meal choices. This doesn't mean that I am going to live like a recluse and never go to a slap-up BBQ but maybe I should have taken over some salad to have with my bangers and make it a half decent meal. Its amazing because since the weekend I have been more conscious of my food and I am feeling great. Yesterday I ate over 1700 calories and never felt bloated or uncomfortable plus I have so much more energy than when I ate much less.

No comments: