Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

About My Boy (For Kristy)

I met my hubby at a New Years function in 91/92. I was going out with someone else at the time and he actually introduced us ;) My hubby was trying to impress a girl with some absolutely corny stunt which I thought was adorable. My relationship with the other guy soon fizzled out and over the next few months we would see each other out (or should I say, I made sure we would see each other!) Eventually we started going out.

Our first few months together were fairly tough. I was studying my degree externally while working fulltime so our time together was quite limited. In the first few months of us getting together my Dad was diagnosed with malenoma and my best friend was raped. My Dad passed away within months of his diagnosis - 2 weeks after my 21st birthday. My hubby was my rock through this time, I'm not sure how I would have gotten through this time without him.

Hubby is always supportive of everything that I do. He's had to play second fiddle to my studies and gym but he is always there encouraging me every step of the way. He doesn't really get the gym obsession as he would much rather play competitive sport for exercise. We look like polar opposites as I am short and fairly slim while he is tall and is about 140 kg. He is very outgoing and has this fantastic laugh that makes me start laughing as well. Our relationship hasn't been all rainbows and lollipops, some days I just want to throw in the towel, but the good times are great and I wouldn't change him for the world.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Thank you Michelle. It's really nice to hear how you met. It sounds like you really had the relationship tested at the beginning, but he sounds amazing. There is still hope for me yet...

Thanks again Michelle.

Unknown said...

Awwww-that's lovely