Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I know it's late but, Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a great New Year. We went to a street party at our friend's place. It was okay but I think I'm over sitting around getting drunk just for the sake of it, I much rather wake up the next day not hungover. Hubby, on the other hand, had a ball so I left him there to party on.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to this year. 2007 was such a blur as I started working fulltime and with the girls going to different schools my year felt like it was a whirlwind of dropoffs and pickups. This year they will be going to the same place which will be great. I decided this week that we need to get a bit more organised (this usually happens when I'm in a bad mood from cleaning the house) and I have done a roster for the girls to help out. They really don't have to do too much, just help feed the animals, help with the dishes and keep their rooms and living areas tidy. I think it'll help both myself and hubby out immensely.

Things I'm looking forward to this year:

- Comp prep. I can't wait to sink my teeth into it.
- The comp!
- Getting my braces off in April.
- One school dropoff.
- Camping in a couple of weeks. This will be challenging with regard to food and training but I'm looking forward to the break.
- Meeting Liz in the flesh.

2 comments:

Debstar said...

Happy New Year Michelle.
Oh dear. Looks like you're going to have a few dead animals soon. hehe

Raechelle said...

Hi there! Just came across your blog through Charlotte's and saw that you are competing for the first time this year...me too! How exciting! Which comp are you going to do?-It may be somewhere on your page-sorry, didn't look at everything yet...
I look forward to tracking your progress!
Cheers!