Pages

Saturday, May 03, 2008

2 weeks to go

How exciting is that! I'm at that point where I can't wait for the comp but at the same time I don't want this to be over. I did get my bikini yesterday and I absolutely love it. I put it on and I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror - how vain is that? But I can't believe that its me. I look at myself and think, "No, other people look like that, not me. I'll always have a big butt and puny upper body - there's no way I could make those changes." The proof is in the pudding. My legs have trimmed down and I actually have shoulder muscles. All that hard work has paid off. I know there is room for improvement but, hey, I'm the best I can be at the moment and I have a fantastic trainer to thank for that.

I actually received some compliments at the gym this morning. A lady came up to me during Body Attack to tell me my abs are awsome. I find it so hard to accept compliments and normally I would say how my legs need more work or basically bag another body part but instead I smiled and thanked her. I felt so pleased. I haven't told anyone at my gym that I'm doing this comp. I have done this out of fear of being laughed at (stupid, I know) plus I don't really want to be scrutinised every time I go to the gym. The other reason is that I don't have time to talk at the gym, I get in and get out and I usually have my MP3 player going so there is no opportunity for chit-chat.
Post a Comment