Pages

Saturday, May 03, 2008

2 weeks to go

How exciting is that! I'm at that point where I can't wait for the comp but at the same time I don't want this to be over. I did get my bikini yesterday and I absolutely love it. I put it on and I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror - how vain is that? But I can't believe that its me. I look at myself and think, "No, other people look like that, not me. I'll always have a big butt and puny upper body - there's no way I could make those changes." The proof is in the pudding. My legs have trimmed down and I actually have shoulder muscles. All that hard work has paid off. I know there is room for improvement but, hey, I'm the best I can be at the moment and I have a fantastic trainer to thank for that.

I actually received some compliments at the gym this morning. A lady came up to me during Body Attack to tell me my abs are awsome. I find it so hard to accept compliments and normally I would say how my legs need more work or basically bag another body part but instead I smiled and thanked her. I felt so pleased. I haven't told anyone at my gym that I'm doing this comp. I have done this out of fear of being laughed at (stupid, I know) plus I don't really want to be scrutinised every time I go to the gym. The other reason is that I don't have time to talk at the gym, I get in and get out and I usually have my MP3 player going so there is no opportunity for chit-chat.

6 comments:

Kek said...

The time does seem to have flown, Michelle. Enjoy your "moment" - you've earned it.

Lyndsay said...

How exciting having your bikini!! Don't worry about sounding vein - you so deserve to look hot, you've worked hard!
Good for you accepting that compliment - you'd better get used to receiving them!
I've told some people in my gym about competing - and yes, I get scrutinised every time I go there. I don't like the comment - 'so are you going to be ready?' - as if they don't think I will be ready. But it's a bit of motivation too - I'll show them!
Glad to hear you sound happy and excited!!
See you in 2 weeks!

Magda said...

Hey Michelle good strategy about keeping things to yourself. I wasted heaps of time at one gym (where I worked) coz they knew I was competing and would want to talk to me about it all the time. When I trained elsewhere I said nothing and got my sessions done in record time.
Just whip your trophy in and surprise them :-)

Magda

Sue said...

Pictures Please :}

Anonymous said...

Well done on accepting the compliment. I'm sure you are looking fab. I'm going to the show here in brissy so i look forward to seeing you strut your stuff.

ms_attitude said...

Can't wait to see your piccies!!!
Good on you for accepting the compliment... why do we do that though? can't take the compliment without drawing everyones attention to something bad! LOL
we are our own worst enemies sometimes :-)