Pages

Monday, May 26, 2008

Blah

I seem to have come down with some sort of nasty bug which I am struggling to shake. Its a strange one as I am feeling nauseous but I feel better when I eat. This has had me reaching for the comfort foods the last few of days which is not great and because I'm so tired and my back is aching I haven't even been able to go walking. I had planned to take Mossy for a run this morning as he hasn't been out since last week but only managed a walk and even then I kept feeling like I was going to throw up. I don't get sick very often and when I do I tend to get over it really quick so its a little frustrating that I still feel yuck. All I can say is I'm glad I got it this week and not before the comp.

After our delicious breakfast at the Stamford last week, I am now hooked on Bircher Muesli. I have made myself a big batch for this week. I don't have any apple juice but have used skim milk instead and I have to say its quite yummy. Trust me, it tastes a lot better than it looks!

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

I hope that it does taste better than it looks cause it don't look purty-LOL!
Hope you get well soon!
So, what are your comfort foods?

Unknown said...

Hi Raechelle,

Comfort foods - where do I start. Crumpets with peanut butter or honey, raisin toast, white toast with vegemite (do you see a pattern forming here?)

Raechelle said...

mmmmm crumpets.....yum

And that pizza is actually pretty healthy-lowfat cheese (except the goat cheese), wholemeal crust (home made)-turkey mince and heaps of veggies-yummmers!-But I wouldn't eat it in the last 4 weeks of comp prep :)

Anonymous said...

I must have what you've got....not feeling good at all...Mia is still going with her little bug as well...
gotta love the winter bugs
L xx

Charlotte Orr said...

I love bircher muesli. One of my favourite foods. Hope you are feeling better