Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eating Normally

Its funny that so many people are asking me if I will start eating normally now. Its like I was eating strange foods prior to the comp. When did eating loads of fresh veges, fruit and lean meat get regarded as abnormal? I keep replying to these people that I will continue to eat healthy foods forever and still allow myself the occasional treat just like before the comp. Although I'm glad I'm not eating Paleo anymore. I enjoyed the food, it was more the preparation involved. Somedays its just easier to grab a protein bar rather than prepping food.

5 comments:

Kek said...

Remember, Michelle: We're the normal ones.

:o)

KatieP said...

Exactly the same thing happened to me today. They said "aren't you off your diet now?" as I was cooking my chicken, brown rice, spinach and pumpkin in the microwave for lunch.
I said "yes I am - it's not PALEO day anymore!" LOL

Magda said...

Oh I love the "can you eat now?" or "are you back to normal food?" comments. Sometimes I feel like saying "Gee, I'm not sure. I'll try eating NOW and see how it goes. Because I didnt eat for 11 months, I may have forgotten." (Insert roll of the eyes).And since when are chicken, tuna, lean meat, salad, vegetables and oats not normal food? Please explain.

Magda

Raechelle said...

Yeah-I hate that s**t-like eating healthy is some sort of bizarre phenomenon-and difficult-I love when a friend is having a party and has to ask what I'll eat so she can make something separate for me-like I'm the only clean eater in the world-and like it's a big deal to want real food like grilled chicken instead of bbq ribs & sausages-boggles the mind!

Louise Wedgwood said...

A friend of mine is fond of saying that living a "normal" lifestyle is a bad thing - because it means a poor diet and little exercise.

There is possibly a little defensiveness behind the questions about when you are going to eat again that means they are not 100% proud of their own habits, so don't let it bother you too much!