Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Week That Was

This week has flown by. I have been busy getting ready for the comp as well as a few other things. These are the highlights:

Gardening Stuff

A while ago I threw some scraps into our garden and a capsicum plant shot up. This week I picked my first capsicum. I'm amazed I didn't kill it as I have a habit of forgetting to water plants.



I wouldn't say that I used to hate capsicum but it was never my favourite fruit (I guess its classed as a fruit as it has seeds - isn't that how it goes?) but over the last few months I have come to love it and now I always have to have it in my salads.

My Braces Are Off

After a year of wearing braces I have them off. Now I'm wearing a plate and speaking with a lisp!

Here are the before and after:

Okay, its a really old photo of our wedding but at least you can see the overlapping front teeth.



Nice and straight!



Disappointment

My sister has Whooping Cough so is unable to fly over for the comp. I hope she gets better soon. And my friends won't be able to make it either so its just Hubs in the audience (plus the bloggers that are coming)

Got My Nails Done

I never get my nails manicured but thought I'd better for the comp. I'm one of those people should never waste their time or money on that sort of stuff as they are chipped already (I think I did it within the first hour of getting them done).

Anyway, I most probably won't blog again until after the comp but will do as soon as we're back - with photos!!

11 comments:

Kek said...

Nice teeth! All your patience (and the discomfort) was worth it in the end. Bit like prepping for a comp, really. LOL.

Have an absolute blast on the weekend - wish I could make it, but I'll just have to settle for photos. Boo.

Cherub said...

Good Luck Michelle. I'm looking forward to hearing about it and seeing the pics.

You will be brilliant.

Claire

KatieP said...

Good luck Miss M
I am so looking forward to seeing you and cheering you on. I bet you will look gorgeous!
You have done such a brilliant job. Enjoy your special day - you've earned it.
xxx

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Michelle, congrats on getting the braces off. Your teeth look great. You will have lots of friends in blogland thinking of you this weekend, so don't despair! I always chip my nails too. Even if I leave it until Friday, they are still a mess by Sat. At least the judges won't be giving your fingernails a close inspection, LOL. Have a great time at your show. Remember to smile - show off those new straight teeth! Look forward to seeing pics and hearing all about it. Have some licorice for me!

Lyndsay said...

Congrats on the perfect teeth!

I think you'll have quite a few bloggers cheering you on. Looks like we'll be in 2 seperate classes now, so I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines.

See you in 2 sleeps!

Kristy said...

Best wishes for the comp Michelle, looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing the photos...

Unknown said...

All the very best Michelle- you've worked hard for this!

Debstar said...

Hope you have a ball. 2 more sleeps and you can pig out on licorice & the bonus is it won't get stuck in your braces.

Try not to lose your retainer, they are mighty expensive I have found.

Cherub said...

Hi Michelle - you got tagged - details at my blog

Kek said...

Michelle! Just saw your pics over on Liz's blog....WOW! Those abs are sensational.

Congratulations, you did good. Top-notch job!

P.S. Your smile looks gorgeous!

Tara said...

Hi Michelle, was great meeting you yesterday. Hope to see you again later in the year. You looked sensational!! keep training hard.

Tara xx