Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wow





I had an absolutely fantastic weekend. We drove down to Brisbane on Friday morning at around 3 am, it takes around 6 hours to get there. I had packed all my food for the trip down and some into one cooler and the some into a heater (I really didn't feel like eating cold porridge and cold poached chicken) and I had my distilled water on hand.

First point of call was registering for the comp and then we were free to shop - and shop we did. We booked into the hotel and rested, shopped a bit more and then started the tanning process.

I woke up early on Saturday morning panicking that I couldn't remember my routine, I wasn't happy until I got my MP3 player out and went through it a few times. The hotel were kind enough to loan me a microwave so I could heat my porridge and after breaky we were off to get my hair and makeup done. Liz's sister did my hair and did a fantastic job.

Then it was off to the venue. We sat down and had a bite to eat - rice cakes and honey (YUM) and then it was backstage. I was incredibly lucky to have Tara help us out with tanning and pumping up while Liz and Shelley fed me snakes. It was such a great vibe backstage and it was great to catch up with some fellow bloggers and the other girls from the Get Ready Seminar as well as meet some new people.

The afternoon flew by and I was on stage before I knew it. I had an absolute ball and was relieved that I didn't forget my routine. They split the novice into short and tall so I stood at the side of the stage and cheered on Shelley, Lyndsay and Carolyn. All the girls looked fantastic - I couldn't pick the winner. Even though I didn't place in my division I wasn't at all upset - I felt (and still feel) like a winner. I was so happy for Shelley when I found out she placed third - she looked awesome!

Afterwards, Hubby and I went to Hog's Breath for a feast (and some Bundy and Cokes) and then grabbed some icecream from Cold Rock. Today we met up with Liz, Katie, Shelley, Lisa and Lindy Olsen for breakfast. I would have to say that this was one of the many highlights of the weekend. It was great to sit around and talk fitness with like-minded people.



Lots of people to thank. Of course I need to thank Liz for being supportive and encouraging and for the kick-arse training sessions. Thanks again Tara for helping out on Saturday. But I think the biggest thanks is to my darling Hubby. He has been my rock throughout this whole experience. He has had to pick up the pieces when I have fallen apart and he has believed in me the whole way and for telling me that I looked "fucking awesome" (parden the language!)

I guess I have caught the bug. Bring it on!

11 comments:

Shar said...

WOW indeed michelle!! I have only just found your blog, via Liz, and you look awesome.
Congrats for making it to the stage, its hard work but very rewarding isn't it?
Enjoy your down time
Shar x

Kek said...

Michelle, what can I say? You really did look amazing. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much - sounds like the excitement overtook the nerves. :o)

When's the next comp? You should come down for the All-Females, even if it's just as a spectator. I'd love to finally meet you!

Kristy said...

Well done you looked amazing on stage and really shone :)

It's great that you had a ball, what an amazing experience...

I love the photos :D

Magda said...

Congrats Michelle. You looked fantastic and irrespective of placing or not I think you're a winner. Glad to hear you enjoyed it all and have been bitten by the bug.:-)

Cheers

Magda

Debstar said...

Going by that huge smile on your face you obviously had a ball. You look stunning. Have you had any licorice yer?

Charlotte Orr said...

Michelle, so glad you enjoyed yourself - and it shows in the pics. Great abs!

ss2306 said...

Again, you were amazing Michelle and should be very proud of your achievements. I'm glad I got to share the day with you. Let's keep in touch.

Luv Shelley

Claudine said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am so happy for you. You must be on a cloud right now :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle, congratulations!! You looked amazing and I am so glad you had a wonderful time. I can't wait to see some more pics of you and everyone else...(bring them Saturday night!!!!)Well done!!!
L xx

Raechelle said...

Hey Michelle! Congrads to you for getting on that stage-great job!
I'm so sorry I didn't come over and say hi-I didn't even realise it was you until later!!!! You looked so different then from your photos-good on ya!
Cheers and glad you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Shar - thanks, it is so rewarding.

Kek - I will most probably compete again next year, it'll give me time to build some muscle. I would dearly love to go to the All Females but I doubt I'll be able to.

Kristy, Charlotte and Magda - thanks, I did have a ball.

Deb - I packed licorice in my comp bag for afterwards so I have had my fill.

Shelley - Will definitely keep in touch. I have some fantastic photos of you - I'll send them through to you. Good luck for this weekend

Claudine - I'm still on a cloud!

Leigh - I'll bore you with all my photos on Saturday night!

Raechelle - I didn't think you recognised me. Its amazing what a bit of makeup and a great hairstyle can do! Don't worry you weren't the only one.