Pages

Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday

I had the worst weekend with regard to diet and exercise. As mentioned before I had Thursday and Friday off work to look after the girls. Both days I struggled to get out of bed before 7:30 so any plans of morning exercise went out the window and then I just couldn't be bothered by the afternoon. We went to the movies on Friday to see Prince Caspian and indulged in some treats and it really didn't improve from there the whole weekend. My weight is up to 50 kg today which is close to my maintentance weight so its time to start paddling again.

The flip side to having a crappy food weekend was that I had a good social weekend. We had the usual suspects over for Friday arv drinks and nibblies which also included dessert. Saturday was spent with a quick workout at the gym and then home to continue with the veggie garden project. I went to a girlfriends place on Saturday night for a girl's night with, of course, lots of yummy food and then yesterday we went down to Awoonga Dam for a drive and ended up having lunch there. When I think about it I know I made pretty poor choices all weekend. I know I could have taken along a healthy option to my friends place but at the end of the day I didn't. I know I didn't need snacks at the movies or a serving of chips at the dam. It wouldn't have been so bad except that it was nearly an entire weekend of crap food. Time to dust myself off and strive to be better next weekend.

2 comments:

ss2306 said...

Hey Michelle

Sometimes I think you just have to say "F*@K it" and go with the flow. The good thing is that it was only a weekend and you've pulled yourself back in line. It's only when we continue on longer than that (like a week in Vegas) that it can get messy. I think your weekend is called living and to be enjoyed. Good on you.

Luv Shelley

Kek said...

And one good thing - apart from enjoying yourself :o) - is that you're already thinking about how you might have improved things. I bet you manage better next time.

Anyway, a weekend off from training now and then is a good thing. I just had one!