Pages

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Days Off

I'm home from work today as both my girls are sick. Moo has been battling it all week and now Missy T is complaining of a sore throat so its a day off for all of us. I'll use it as an opportunity to get some stuff done around the house.

Yesterday I left my workout until the afternoon. I usually train early in the morning after hubs goes to work but I slept in (it was our Show Holiday) and my workout was postponed until the arvo. The best part was that hubs could help me out. I can lift a lot more on my squats but the problem is when I'm by myself I can't lift the weights onto my shoulders. I would love a squat rack but just don't have the space. It was great to have hubs was on hand to put the bar on my shoulders and I lifted more than what I normally do when training legs at home.

I also whipped up some of the Oatmeal Apple Pie from the Gourmet Nutrition cookbook. Its quite nice and should be nice for either breakfast or snack.

5 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Michelle,
Thanks for the reminder about the apple pie recipe. Will have to see if I can do a dairy-free, gluten-free version, LOL.

Cherub said...

Sick kids is not fun.

ms_attitude said...

I'm definitely getting back into my Precision Nutrition book... had the peanut butter / chocolate whey bars this week - but they look like Mr Hanky!!!

Kek said...

Ick. My kids have been sick and snotty too. I'm trying to keep my distance. LOL. Bad mother, BAD!

I love the apple pie oatmeal, but I improvise a fair bit. Some berries with the apple are nice, and I think I left out the Splenda (why do Amercians have to have everything disgustingly sweet?).

Unknown said...

I left out the splenda as well, the protein powder is sweet enough. I'll have to try it with the berries - yum.