Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Feeling Better

I'm feeling much better today. I'm still not 100% but I'm not feeling like death warmed up anymore. We have a busy weekend planned. The usual Saturday rush with gym in the morning, then soccer and Moo has ballet lessons this weekend. She has her exam on Monday at 9:30 am which I'm not too happy about. Do ballet schools think that we can just stop our lives for this sport? Too bad about school and work? Moo was upset the other day as her teacher got angry at her for not getting the steps of her dance. She is doing ballet for fun! I don't think its worth it if its stressing her out so much that she is in tears. Am I being an overprotective Mum?

6 comments:

Kek said...

Nope, I don't think you're overprotective. Honestly, I think exams can wait till they're quite a bit older, and then they shouldn't have to do them.

You're right - it should be fun.

Debstar said...

Some teachers are just so passionate that they lose perspective. If she's reducing a child to tears then there's a problem.

Not all ballet schools are like this. Might be time to have a look around.

Cherub said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Stories like this put me off putting my girls into ballet. I want them to do something they enjoy and encourages them to keep moving for the rest of their lives.

ms_attitude said...

You're definitely not being overprotective. Totally agree with debstar, look around for a new ballet school - it can be fun...I am sure there is a school with a less precious teacher out there just waiting!!!
I see it all the time with people and their horses - you look around and kids are so serious - neither them or the horse look like they are having any fun at all - sometimes it is good to put it back into perspective and look at why we are doing it.... and it's generally because we loved doing it from the word go...but when that gets taken away... time to refocus!

Kristy said...

Nope not over protective at all. I had the same issue as an adult a few years ago. I was trying to get back into netball for fun and fitness, but all the teams I found took it way too serious. It was no longer fun. A her age she should be having fun and enjoying it.

ss2306 said...

Glad you're on the mend Michelle

Tell the ballet teacher to pull her head in, or perhaps out - of her arse and realise that she is dealing with children not adults.

I'd pull the pin and take them elsewhere.

Have a great weekend.