Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rollercoaster

The last couple of weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster ride, one minute I feel deleriously happy and then the next I become weepy and feel lost. I wish I could pinpoint the cause but seeing as I can't I just have to ride it out. Food has been a bit of an issue and at my lowest point last week my diet consisted of cake mix and Hungry Jacks and ended with way too much alcohol. It wasn't pretty but I have dusted myself off yet again and am back on track this week. I'm not really sure if the crap food is causing my mood swings or the other way around. I think its a case of "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Work is another issue and my 'fight or flight instinct' is starting to kick in. At the moment I really feel like chucking it in but sometimes it is a case of better the devil you know.

Anyway, enough of the pity party!! On a brighter note, I'm going to be heading to the 'big smoke' for the INBA Nationals. I'm hoping to get to Liz's RPM class on Saturday morning - can't wait!!

3 comments:

ss2306 said...

Keep at it Michelle - I think you're doing better than most of us so hang in there.

All I can say is "good luck" in Liz' rpm class. Nah, just joking. You'll love the thrashing. (hehehe)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Michelle,
I have been feeling weepy all week too. It's so frustrating. Hope you are feeling back to normal soon.

Carolyn said...

Hi Michelle,
It was great to have a chat the other day at the gym! I can soooooo relate to the inner binge monster coming out, but I'm sure you've put him back where he belongs! I beat mine over the head with my paddle last week....
Take care of yourself,
Chat again soon!
Carolyn :)