Pages

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Something Positive

I have been really negative over the few weeks. Most of it is due to things that are out of my control and basically I have to take a teaspoon of cement and harden the f**k up. Instead of being eternally grumpy I have tried to think about the things that are positive at the moment.

* I have still been training hard.
* My weight is stable at 50.5 kg even though I'm allowing myself a little treat most nights. I figure I may as well keep these treats while my weight is good - the extra cals obviously aren't hurting me too much.
* I love cardio and while I had cut most of it out I have decided to re-introduce it just because it makes me happy not to lose weight.
* Moo's class came first in the speech section of the Eistedfodd.
* Although I couldn't go and watch Moo as I was out sampling for work, she didn't get upset and ran down the stairs to show off her medal when I got home. Its nice to know I'm raising independent young girls.
* I have great friends. I was out sampling until late yesterday and I had to ring a friend to pick up the girls for me - I'm lucky to be able to do that.
*Because I was out late Hubby had to leave work earlier than anticipated which has put him behind in his own job but he didn't get that upset with me - he knows that it wasn't my fault and if I could have come home earlier I would have.
* Its lovely when I blog about being a little low like in the last post I get comments or emails. I don't have many 'in-the-flesh' friends that are into bodybuilding/fitness so I'm not sure if they would understand the highs and lows. Its nice to know that I'm not alone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I add to I that you are an absolute champion of a friend too!!! Get rid of the Negative Nellies - we've got a TOP weekend coming up girly and I can't wait (even though I will probably be the only one not drinking!!) See you soon,
L xx

ms_attitude said...

It's so easy to get so stuck in the doldrums and lose sight of all the good things around isn't it? My husband is a great one for reminding me of just how lucky I am!! :-)
I just saw you are an ISTJ - wow! that is impressive ;-) All our SERIOUS managers here are ISTJ's - in fact..they look for ISTJ's to be the big wig managers in this place! Sheeeesh!! unlike us lowly INFPs ;-)

Kek said...

It's always good to step back and take note of the good things you have in your life. The less fun stuff can pile up and really drag us down, so it's nice to realise that you have plenty to be happy about.

You're doing great, Michelle!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment ladies.

Caroline - don't know about being impressive being an ISTJ. Can't see me being much of manager :o)