Pages

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Whassup

I've been flat out over the last week but don't have too much to report. It was Missy T's birthday last week and I was a little behind the 8 ball with regards to organising her party so she is having it this week instead. To keep my sanity I decided to have it at a play centre instead of our house so all I had to do was make the cake. In hindsight I wish I ordered the cake from them as I have spent the morning baking and trying to create a work of art. After much frustration I ended up making a number 6, icing it and then threw some Smarties and sprinkles on it. She thinks its the best cake ever and that's what counts.

Everything is going fairly well on the exercise front. I've had a couple of fantastic sessions where I have increased weights and felt quite strong. I have decided that I really am a morning person. I've had a couple of early starts at work and have trained in the arvo instead. I find that I'm tired and achy from being on my feet all day and really have to push myself to get my workout done. The upside of afternoon workouts is that I can plan pre- and post-training meals which I think contributed to my great workouts. As I train early in the morning I tend not to have anything to eat before my workout - I just can't stomach it. I know a lot of people have protein shakes but they just make me feel nauseous so I rather have nothing. I guess it something that I can play around with.

Anyway, better get the kidlets their lunch and then its off to the party.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Kek said...

Number 6 with Smarties on it? That's about the limit of my cake decorating skills too - and the kids don't give a hoot, do they?

I'm still working the same theme, hence the 21st cake with Maltesers....

Never mind Michelle - we have OTHER skills. ;o)

Unknown said...

Yeah, she loved it as did the other kids - and more importantly, it tasted nice.

ss2306 said...

Hey Michelle

Although I advocate eating before a first up AM workout I do sometimes actually just have Surge - 1/4 beforehand, 1/2 during and 1/4 at the end and it simply works a treat. Might be worth a try.

I'm such a lazy mother when it comes to making anything (craft, cakes, whatever) I just fork out the money and buy it but good on you for having a go!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a plan Shelley. Might give it a go.

I think next year I'll be buying - it has to be less stressful.

Debstar said...

1/2 banana or if I'm hungry a whole one before a workout always worked for me.

Many years ago I did a course in cake decorating and have made fancy wedding cakes and the odd 21st birthday cake for family & friends but you know what, it doesn't matter how well it's decorated it still gets demolished in seconds.