Pages

Monday, January 05, 2009

Back to work :o(

Yep, it was back to work today. While I wasn't really looking forward to going back to the daily grind I have to say I prefer having that routine in my life. I have let loose the last couple of weeks and have put on a couple of kg's as a results. Not to worry - I know I can lose it with some clean eating and kick-arse training sessions.

We dropped the girls off at their Grandparent's for the week. I'm using it as an opportunity to ride to work again which I find as a great way to get some exercise in as well as do my bit for the environment. Mind you it was pretty tough going this morning as I was riding into the wind and has some nasty DOMS from Saturday's leg workout. I tried to make it better by changing my mindset. At the start I was riding along muttering, "f***ing wind, f***ing DOMS" but by the end of the ride I was telling myself that I was burning extra calories because I had to work that bit harder and the ride will help me get rid of the DOMS. Sometimes I have to play these mind games although, when riding to work I just have to grit my teeth and get the job done unlike hopping on cardio equipment where I can stop whenever I want.

No comments: