Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Counting Down To The Weekend

My mood has been somewhat better after my little hissy-fit on the weekend. Nothing like a good tantrum to get oneself to re-focus. I went out on the Sunday to buy our groceries and stocked up on loads of veggies and then baked some biscuits. I based the recipe on Kek's Choc-chip Macadamia Cookies replacing the chocolate and macadamia with cranberries as I had some in the cupboard that needed to be used. The verdict was not too bad and will definitely make them again. I've been revisiting Paleo style eating again this week but with a little twist by including some potato. I actually prefer eating this way and I'm not really sure why I stopped (I'm pretty sure that its laziness). Training has been great and I have been suffering from DOMS the last few days (gotta love that). I had a 'wrong way dickhead' moment with the scales today and doubt that I will reach my sub 52 goal that I had set myself for the weekend. No matter - I know I've put in the hard yards and the weight will drop off soon enough.

I'm so looking forward to this weekend as my girlfriends and I are heading to the beach for the weekend. It should be a lovely time without spouses and kids, a chance to sit around and gasbag. I feel lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful friends and while I don't get much chance to see them with our hectic lives I cherish the time we do have together.

No comments: