Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

HTFU

I woke up this morning and did my usual weigh-in. I knew my weight was going to be higher than normal as I had some salty food and a few carbs yesterday add into the mix PMS and my fingers closely resembled sausages from all the fluid I was retaining. Nevertheless I went into meltdown mode, chucked a tanty a 2 year old would be proud of and had my sad face on. And then the self-doubt and self-pity started. I thought how I can't do this myself, I need help and I need a trainer again. I made excuses for my sudden weight gain like working fulltime, the committments my kids have with sport and social activities, the fact that I'm tired all the time. But its bullshit. I competed and managed to handle work and family. I'm tired because I'm not going to bed at a reasonable hour to allow myself enough sleep at night. Of course things have changed this year as my girls are now dancing twice a week and have added gymnastics and, for the winter, soccer, but it just means a little adjustment on my behalf. At the end of the day I have been trained by one of the best and learnt a heap during that time. I know what to do, its just a matter of doing it.

6 comments:

Kek said...

My kids were only ever allowed ONE activity each. Not for their sake, but for ours... Parents are entitled to some time to themselves too.

I watched my sister martyr herself running her kids to dancing three times a week (including private lessons at different times and on different days), swimming once a week and a ridiculous number of social engagements.

Work, kids, household stuff is a lot on its own. Add training and preparing good food, and there isn't a lot of "me time" left for leisure stuff. Oh, or sleep.

Sometimes you have to be a bit selfish and set a limit. Kids survive.

Raechelle said...

I agree with Kek-be selfish! I rode my bike to dance classes when I was a kid and rode my bike to peoples house to clean for my own money...god I sound like my grandparents! I digress...take care of you because you aren't much good to anyone else if you're not ON..right?!

Cherub said...

I was feeling like this a couple of weeks ago. I felt like everyone had a life except me.

I chose though to put my kids in all the after school activities and either have to pull them out or deal with it.

There are only so many hours in the day. Look after yourself first.

Magda said...

I'm hearing you Michelle. I'm limited to training before 6am and after 8pm. In between its work and family and a 9.30 bedtime to cope with the pre-5am starts. Hang in there. We do it because its important to us and we refuse to fall into the "I havent got time mentality". More power to us!!

Cheerrs

Magda

Anonymous said...

You're answers are all in your post Michelle. Now all you need to do is relax if only for a moment and put them into action. Nothing in life worth having ever came easy. :o)

Lia xxx

Tara said...

we all have days like this Michelle. Hang in there, you know how to pull it all back together. xxx