Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

HTFU

I woke up this morning and did my usual weigh-in. I knew my weight was going to be higher than normal as I had some salty food and a few carbs yesterday add into the mix PMS and my fingers closely resembled sausages from all the fluid I was retaining. Nevertheless I went into meltdown mode, chucked a tanty a 2 year old would be proud of and had my sad face on. And then the self-doubt and self-pity started. I thought how I can't do this myself, I need help and I need a trainer again. I made excuses for my sudden weight gain like working fulltime, the committments my kids have with sport and social activities, the fact that I'm tired all the time. But its bullshit. I competed and managed to handle work and family. I'm tired because I'm not going to bed at a reasonable hour to allow myself enough sleep at night. Of course things have changed this year as my girls are now dancing twice a week and have added gymnastics and, for the winter, soccer, but it just means a little adjustment on my behalf. At the end of the day I have been trained by one of the best and learnt a heap during that time. I know what to do, its just a matter of doing it.
Post a Comment