Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Working Smarter

Years ago at work the buzz words were that we should work smarter not harder. Today I was reminded of that phrase while doing my cardio on the elliptical. One of the guys came up to a lady nearby and was talking about competing, telling her that she should be on 50 g of carbs to ensure she gets lean enough for an upcoming comp. My jaw nearly dropped and it took all my power to not say something. I don't profess to be an expert on comp prep and really don't want to force my limited knowledge on others but that seemed like such a low number. Of course when I got home I checked my macros on Cal King - I was about double that, somedays more. No wonder she was saying that she felt spaced out. All I could think was that my prep was a lot more about working smarter - sure I consumed more carbs but I also had intense cardio sessions (I still have nightmares about suicide sprints) that burnt the fat off. I guess there are so many different ways to lean out but I think I'll take the way I did it thank you very much.

2 comments:

ss2306 said...

That's the thing Michelle - there's so many different ways to skin a cat. Whatever way has to be individualised for the person.

Carbs don't kill so you keep eating and smashing your training honey.

Kek said...

50g of carbs??!! That's insane, unless you spend your day lying on the couch...

I eat 30g in my breakfast alone. I always wonder about those women who have a tiny 1/4 cup of oats. How do they even get through the day?