Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Back Again

I'm back to reality after an awesome weekend at the Gold Coast. My niece had her birthday celebration at Dracula's which was absolutely fantastic. Dracula's has always been something that I would drive past when down at the Coast and wonder what it would be like but never actually go. It was an amazing show and we had a fabulous night - waaaaaay too many cocktails though.

Here I am after another weekend of too much grog and bad food saying it's time to put my head down and start getting serious about this comp prep/challenge. Mal asked me yesterday why I was doing this comp, if I'm in it to win it. I answered that while winning isn't everything, I aim to place as if I aimed lower I wouldn't do the work I need to do to get to the stage but I wonder if I'm sabotaging myself. Last prep, nothing was standing in my way and there was no way I would be tempted by Mal or the kids eating chips or other treats. Weekends continue to be my Achille's heel and I am regularly snacking on junk. Is it because I worked my arse off last time, only to be totally ignored once on stage? Maybe there is something deep down inside that wonders what is the point, that I will give them a reason to overlook me. All I know is that I have to get my head in the game sooner rather than later.

4 comments:

Cherub said...

Good luck with it all Michelle. x

Magda said...

Hey Michelle, I agree that its real hard to get past the mentality that says weekends = relaxed eating and drinking wine. When you find the secret please share it with me LOL

Magda

ss2306 said...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here as I dare say noone else would do what I'm about to do and that is talk you out of competing.

Why would you want to miss out on fun times with your family? Isn't life for living, enjoying and having fun? Do you really want to run your body into the ground depriving it of essential food for survival only to have it rebound after comp and fuck with your head? Do you remember how exhausting preparing to compete is? Both mentally and physically draining! Is all that worth it to stand on stage for what, 5 minutes, if you're lucky to have some fat, bald, pizza eating fuckwit totally ignore you and all your hard work? You don't need his or anyone elses approval. You are gorgeous, just as you are. Is it the body you're after? And if so, there's far more healthier and nourishing ways to get it. Deep down your soul knows better which is why you are having second thoughts. Listen to it and save yourself from the pain and torture that goes with competing. But in the end if you decide to go ahead that is your decision alone and I'll respect you for making the tough call. I think you're wonderful!

Unknown said...

Thanks Claire :o)

If you find out first Magda, can you tell me! LOL!

That's why I luv ya guts, Shelley! You aren't afraid to call a spade a spade.