Pages

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Opening Night


Last night was the opening night for the '100 Women's Portraits' Exhibition. I scanned the photo from the programme so I apologise for the bad quality. It was a lovely night and it was awesome seeing pictures of women from all walks of life, she had taken photos of stay-at-home mums through to dozer operators, from great grandmothers and Aboriginal Elders to our Mayor. I feel so privileged to have been amongst them. It is amazing, when you think about it, just how much has changed for women in the last 100 years and it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall when they open up the time capsule in a hundred years time. Wouldn't it be awesome if my great grandaughter was there to see what my interests were in 2011?

4 comments:

Magda said...

Wow that is so cool. Such a great experience by the sounds of it.

Shar said...

OMG! I would love to see the exhibition! sounds great.
Nice picture and by the way, your post about not being ready?!!!
where did that come from, you look stunning and more than ready.

xx

Kristy said...

What an amazing opportunity Michelle :)

LizN said...

You look awesome my friend :) xox