Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

3 Sleeps

Until we are on holidays. Yippee!!! At the start of the year I thought I would be really smart and take the 3 days off between Easter and May Day, not realising that the kids would actually be back in school. Oopsie! Nevermind, it'll be nice to have a few days child-free.

Training has been sporadic the last few weeks and diet has been less than stellar. I have been grumpy as all get out to boot (hmmmm ... I wonder if it's connected to the crap diet and lack of exercise). I think some time away from work and getting up at the 'crack of arse' will be the best thing to get me back on track. The last month has been super-duper busy with prep for the Dance Festival and the start of soccer and netball, but I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times ... it is all worth it. The girls danced beautifully at the Dance Festival and I was incredibly proud of them both.

Yesterday I took the girls and Missy T's BFF to an ice skating rink that has been temporarily set up for the holidays. I have to admit I was very apprehensive about getting on the ice as I have never tried it before and I think the last time I roller skated I was in primary school. Although I am no ice skating queen I was surprised how quickly I picked it up. Even the kids were skating around the middle by the end. I was totally knackered by the time we left and I thought I would be feeling the effects of it today. My legs are really good but my abs are sore (must be from trying to balance).

I'm starting to get that feeling of aimlessness (is that a word?) and feel like I need to start working toward a goal again. I don't want to compete again but I'm not really sure what I want to do. At the same time, I like the freedom of exercising just for fun. Guess I'll figure it out eventually :o)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Enjoy your holiday Michelle. No kids what are you going to do???

I've tried ice skating a couple of times, but stay very close to the edge... Very fearful of falling over.

Magda said...

There's nothing like a mini change in routine (aka holiday) to spark some new and improved behaviours Michelle. My bet is you'll get a burst of inspiration, enthusiasm and energy and you'll be firing on all (fitness) cylinders after that. ENJOY!!