Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Back Into Routine

I'm back to work today :o(  To be honest, I actually don't mind the routine that comes with working.  Since getting home I have been lolling about doing not much at all as the kids are on school hols and Mal has been home as well.  At work I have structured meals, I get up and take Mossy-boy for his walk and get my workouts done.  I did get some training done while on hols.  I did f-all while away but at home I did a couple of days of weight training, nothing like what I planned to do but I suppose it is better than nothing.  There is a small part of me that is a little disappointed in myself and I have been reflecting on it over the last couple of days.  I think I wanted to get onto the forums and boast of how well I managed my holidays and even perhaps get a pat on the head from Mish.  I know it sounds stupid and I feel so childish ... like I want to be teacher's pet (me and a thousand other people!)  Then I remind myself of the fabulous time we had and the fact that my kids never heard me say that I couldn't eat a piece of birthday cake because 'I'm doing a challenge' or that my day was taken up at the gym for fear I might gain a little bit of weight.  Now that I'm back though it's head down, bum up!

2 comments:

Liz N said...

Hi Michelle,
We have a week where everyone has their birthday - I did enjoy the cake, but I'm glad it's finished now. I'm craving vegetables!

Unknown said...

Me too, Liz! The girls and I had one night at the buffet when we piled our plates with steamed veg. Funny how much you miss them when you're not having them as often.