Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Same Old, Same Old!

It's funny how I can predict my moods/feelings during these 12 week challenges.  Yep, this week is week 6 so therefore I started going into meltdown mode, realising how I have been stuffing around for the last 6 weeks.  It's when I start reading the forum and Facebook posts on how awesome everyone is doing and the old Green Eyed Monster comes out when people start talking about how much they are lifting or how much faster they are running and I feel stagnant.  It's now that I hate the competition side of it and I come to realise that this is first and foremost a weight loss competition and I don't need to lose weight which then sends me into the 'why bother/poor me' mode.  PMT doesn't help, of course.  The good thing is that I know I'll get to the other side of this week, pick myself up and dust myself off like I do everytime I get like this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! Well, those gym goals--sometimes you try really hard and hit plateaus, but just when you feel like nothing is going right, you get better! They're just like that! I just try to enjoy the moment of exercise and not get too hung up on my gym goals--though sometimes, I can't help myself!

:-) Marion

Unknown said...

I can't help myself either Marion :-)