Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Back Into It

Well that's Christmas and New Year over and done with for another year.  I have been in a bit of a slump over the last month or so and am determined to get back on track. 

We have just had a camping holiday at Cania Gorge which always seems to help me get my head in the right place.  Nothing like a few days of R and R to set the world right again.  We had an absolute blast and spent most of our time at the water park they have just installed at the caravan park.  The highlight was joining all the kids in a backwards train.  We also took over one of the pools and got a great workout when someone yelled out 'Whirlpool!'  Yep, we created a whirlpool in the pool by running around the edge which was loads of fun and exhausting too.  The waterpark was a relief when the heatwave hit ... 38 deg C is not fun when you are camping.

Today, I got my trusty bike out and rode to work.  It is nice to be able to mix up my workouts with the added bonus of doing my bit for the environment and saving some cash as well.  I said to Mal to drop the girls off on his way to cricket training and we can ride home together for a bit of fun.  I'm really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! Well, I also had a very hard time getting in workouts around all of the family Christmas event. Well, you certainly know what to do. I have a hard time imagining a hot Christmas, but we actually have been having a warm season ourselves. It's been feeling like spring on this side of the planet.

:-) Marion

Magda said...

Wow, you're back on fire (almost literally if you consider your local heat) already Michelle. Holiday fun and play is THE best form of exercise.

M