Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Opened a Can of Worms

Apparently this is ugly
Over the last week people have been putting their transformations on the 12wbt Facebook Page.  The Lean and Strong program is under represented on the page so I decided to post my comparison pics ... after all the program is supposed to cater for everyone.  Minutes after uploading the photos I got a comment of 'how can you think this looks good' and when I asked the commenter to explain what they meant she deleted it.  And then I got another person's comment saying that I need a good feed (or something along those lines) and how Mish would agree with her because can't you see my ribs sticking out in the second photo.  Ummmm .... that's muscle, Love!  I think it's sad that someone who is healthy and fit is considered underweight and disgusting.  I also think it's sad that people think they can comment on people's weight regardless of them being big or small.  I guess if I didn't want critisism I shouldn't post on that page but I honestly did it because I  like the L&S program and there are loads of people out there who are at a happy weight but are looking for a program that suits them.  Round 2 has started today.  Yes, there is another one where I have been called 'f***ing ugly'.  I would take the photos down but there is part of me that thinks stuff them, I have every right to put my photos up there as much as the overweight people do.  I'm proud of the muscle I have built and shouldn't be made to feel any different.

7 comments:

Kek said...

Michelle, you know I already commented on the FB page so you know what I think about your amazing pics. :)

As for the haters, remember that stupid, ill-informed and downright RUDE people's opinions don't count. Idiots will be...well, idiots.

My question is: why is that page not moderated? It's the "official" FB page for the program, and I don't think it reflects well on 12WBT if Michelle B or her staff don't take action on trolls and other f*cking rude people.

I'm sure it's difficult to keep track of all the posts and comments when so many people are contributing, but having a team of mods should be part of the deal to ensure that EVERYONE feels comfortable posting there, same as for any forum.

Liz N said...

I'm disgusted by the narrow mindedness of some. But just remember, they're sitting on their 100kg arses and just hatin'.

xx
I've got your back o fit one!

Charlotte Orr said...

I think your transformation is great Michelle!

Sandra said...

Michelle, when I read your tweet the other night I thought you meant on your blog...I can't believe someone on the 12wbt forums made such a nasty comment...Has anything been done about it by the admin team yet?
For what it's worth - you look awesome. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies. I think it is a shame that the 12wbt FB site isn't monitored more closely, nothing has been done about it yet and I'm interested to see if anything does. There's a big speil at the start saying that bullying won't be tolerated but I guess it's a public facebook page so I guess I have to expect the occasional hater. The positive to all this is that it has made me realise how many people I have in my corner. I feel so incredibly blessed.

Unknown said...

What's their problem???? Cos it is THEIR problem! I think you look great and I know that shapes like that don't just happen- it comes after hard work and dedication. My thinking is - they're jealous.

Casey said...

Please dont think of taking the pics down. Everyone doing the challenge has their own goals, not just fat loss goals.
I think you look great, I'd kill for a taper like that.
Keep them up there with pride, chicks with muscle gotta represent!
Case.