Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dance Festival Weekend

It's that time for our annual Dance Festival.  It is like an Eisteddfod but is for the local kids and is therefore a lot smaller (and a little 'nicer').  The girls are dancing in 2 dances each this year.  Missy T was first up with her demi character dance, 'On a Picnic'.  She did a Steven Bradbury and with a withdrawl from the other competitor took out first place.  She was in the 9 and 10 year old group for her tap and, by the looks of it, was the youngest competitor.  She earned herself a Highly Commended.
Missy T Demi Character
Missy T Tap

Moo performed her jazz today.  She was one of 9 competitors with a few that were quite high standard.  Unfortunately today she didn't come home with a ribbon but she danced the best I have ever seen her dance and got some good comments from the adjudicator.  She was pretty disappointed she didn't place and when I went backstage to get her she burst into tears.  Me, being the big sook I am, started to get teary as well but not because I was disappointed but because I was so proud of her performance (plus I hate seeing my baby sad).  She put in a lot of work in the lead up to this and it showed because she nailed the dance.  Tomorrow is contemporary which is a beautiful piece to the song from Pocahontas.  She's up against the same girls she danced against today so I seriously doubt she will place again but she is a winner in my eyes.

Moo Jazz

2 comments:

Magda said...

Oh I SO get what you're going through Michelle. Good luck for tomorrow

xx m

Unknown said...

As hard as it is, it is important to learn from these disappointments. The best bit is she is already talking about which dances she is going to do next year.