Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Fashion Rules?

A friend of mine alerted me to an article in the latest Women's Health Magazine Australia.  I haven't had a chance to read the article yet but the guts of it was about wearing certain clothes that appropriate for your age.  According to my mate, it said that anyone over 30 should not be wearing mini-skirts or shorter shorts.  Really?  I know several women who are well over 30 that rock mini's AND look a damn sight better than a lot of women in their 20's.  I wonder who thinks this sort of rubbish up ... some 20-something who thinks anyone over 30 is "like, soooo old".  Needless to say, there are a few of us who are posting our over 30 bods in mini skirts or short shorts onto their Facebook page.  These people will make up the rules but I think that rules are meant to be broken.

7 comments:

Kek said...

Pfft. Load of rubbish. I don't plan to start dressing like a nana, just because I'm old enough to BE one.

Sandra said...

You look great, Michelle. I totally agree with you about so called "rules". I am closer to 50 than 40 and still wear my hair below my shoulders. I've been told time and time again by older relatives, that they cut their hair short when they turned 40, but I couldn't care less...my hair is well kept and an up to date style and it suits my face, my personality and my lifestyle...and that's all that matters ;-)

Unknown said...

I could never understand that one Sandra. My mother always said that regarding hair length. Crazy!

Liz N said...

I'm with Kek - at 42, I'm showing no signs of dressing my age lol :)

Magda said...

I have a friend almost 60!! who still wears (and rocks!!)short skirts. There are stores that I wouldnt be caught dead in - they scream "I'm old, thats why I shop here." And I live by the motto "if you've got it, flaunt it" and girl you've got it!!

BTW I've nominated you for a Liebster blog award so pop over to my blog (and Hilary's) to check it out.

Unknown said...

Liz ... me neither!

Wow Magda! Thanks for that ... I'll look at that link when I have some time to spare :)

Unknown said...

hehehe- almost 60 and still not dressing like the nana I am!!