Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Putting My Big Girl Panties On

My video didn't make it as a finalist in this week's challenge and as a result I've had a slight case of 'the sads' today.  Considering a few of the finalists were 'repeat offenders' and are often getting acknowledged in the program I felt like I wasn't part of the cool crowd.  To be honest, I didn't think my video was worthy but it would be nice to have some recognition for my part in the program.  I could try and hide my my feeling but, you know what, I think it's okay to feel disappointed.  I've acknowledged it and have put on my big girl panties and am moving forward. Besides, my training has rocked lately and that makes me happy :-)

4 comments:

Kek said...

It's perfectly normal to feel disappointed and overlooked under the circumstances, Michelle. I had a similar moment a couple of weeks ago when I discovered a certain "best blog" awards for the first time and realised that half the bloggers I know had been nominated...but I hadn't.

I got over it, after having a good old sulk for about three days. LOL.

Unknown said...

Well I thought your video looked pretty good! And I'm super impressed with your chin ups. last time I did them I was laid off for several weeks ( months) with a strained muscle!!!

Sandra said...

At the end of the day, Michelle, you need to ask yourself : did you join this challenge to "be popular" or to improve your health and fitness? (not that there's much improvement needed on your side ;) Like I said on my tweets, I'm not re-joining. The program is great and it works, but the masses are growing and it has developed lots of "cliques"...xo

Unknown said...

Thanks Kek and Linda :-)

You are right Sandra and I found this round I lost sight of why I joined up last year and let the competition get to me. As I said I won't be signing up again. I have loved the program but I think it has gotten too big for me.