Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Beyond The 12 Weeks

I loved the lean and strong.  It challenged me and I got some great results.  I do, however, have some issues with it.  The blurb from the fact sheet is "The program would be well suited to anyone thinking of entering a body shaping competition."  Going from some people's after photos, they could step on stage as is with no further prep.  They look absolutely fantastic.  My problem is they comp prepped without a coach, without someone who can guide them 'post event'.  How are these people going to cope with the mind-fuck of post comp?  Or is there an expectation that this is their physique now?  Maybe it is, maybe their body can maintain low body fat.  I wouldn't believe that it could but, then, I'm no expert.  I hope it doesn't sound like sour-grapes on my behalf, because that isn't my intention, I'm genuinely concerned for their well being.  It's hard enough to deal with all that with a great coach and with forewarning.  I mean, everyone who competes is told about post-comp but I'm sure these guys are clueless.  I'm not sure how to broach the subject with people I don't know.  Ideas?

4 comments:

Liz N said...

Michelle, that you've done two comps and handled the post comp period pretty well does give you a good degree of leverage in this area.

You have been always way more evolved than what 12WBT provides, hence the frustration... :)

Unknown said...

Liz,

Unfortunately, there are a lot of armchair experts doing the program so I'm concerned they will take it the wrong way. I ended up sending the 12wbt an email with my concerns although I doubt I'll hear anything back as they tend to put their head in the sand with regard to negative feedback.

Cheers

Michelle

Kek said...

I don't think you CAN tell people the truth when there's a bunch of so-called "experts" handing them a load of bull.

There's also the issue of certain high-profile sports models or figure competitor types blatantly lying about how they stay super-lean year-round... pfft. As if.

All you can do is be there to catch people when they fall and point them in the direction of some professional help.

Unknown said...

I think you are right, Kek.