Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

More Random Thoughts

Last night I had a crying child. She was upset because there is a sticker chart at dancing and her sister got a sticker and Moo hasn't gotten one yet. She tries so hard to do the right thing but somehow doesn't get noticed. She is the same at school. I realised just how much like me she is. How can I teach her that she doesn't need a sticker to feel special when I have felt exactly the same way with the 12wbt? Can I say to her that her time will come ... what if it doesn't? How can I prove to her that she is exceptional even though nobody notices?

4 comments:

Liz N said...

Hey Michelle, you are exceptional and so is Miss Moo - the key is validating this from the inside rather than from external sources (I'm no expert, but when I start building myself up from the inside, the effects are longer lasting).
xx

Magda said...

I wish I had an answer but I dont. I face a similar issue with Mitchell who constantly asks me why the boys who play sport are so popular (whereas he's a music and chess nerd LOL).

Cherub said...

Oh Michelle, my heart aches for her (and you watching her) but I have no answers. Sorry.

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies. You know it's funny Liz but my answer to her was that she didn't need stickers that the love of being on stage is the reward for her hard work. Validating from within is so much more worth it.

I always admire people who are musical.