Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

A Confession

This week I posted some photos in the FB groups. One I was showing a pic of my tatt on my stomach, the other was a photo of my abs because there had been talk of leaning out the stomach area. The photo of my tattoo was a picture taken during my first comp prep. I was super lean in that photo and I have to admit I love the picture. I didn't say that it was from 2008, I just posted and explained the tattoo. The second was from the end of last round and I said that it was from then. I also had said in one my comments that I have a layer over the top of them at the moment and would post better updates on the weekend.

The thing is, I am embarrassed with how I look at the moment.  I'm not overweight at all but I feel like I have placed an expectation on myself to be a certain way in these groups; I've created a persona of an ex-competitor who has her shit sorted.  I am lying to myself and to these people.  I am not what they think I am.  Why am I pretending to be something I'm not?  Logic tells me that I can't compare myself to my leanest because, well, it's ridiculous but only I am putting this pressure on myself, not the people in these groups.

4 comments:

Liz N said...

Well Missy, most of the time it's true - you do have your sh*t together. I don't mean being the perfect weight or perfect leanness - but for the most part you've got the balance right :)

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Michelle, I think we always want others to see us in our best light. I understand. Have a good weekend, Charlotte

Magda said...

Hi Michelle,

I get what you're saying. I know how you feel. I have no advice other than 'that's how we roll'.

m

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies!