Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Wish

I wish I could write well.  I often know what I want to say but it always comes out wrong so I end up not saying anything.  I wish I could explain to people that being fitness model lean does not necessarily make you happy - particularly if it means flogging yourself in the gym 2 - 3 times a day and 'eating clean'.  I want to say that I can understand what they are going through; I know that it's hard to see your role models with their amazing bodies and feel like that you, despite all your hard work, fall short.  I wish I could say something incredibly intelligent to make them feel better when they beat themselves up when their measurements or weight doesn't go down.  I wish they could see their beauty, I wish they could be amazed by what their body can do when it's not carb depleted and exhausted - if only they treated their body right.  I want to say that it's okay to be normal, it's okay to have the average body fat %, to be an average weight or to have an average BMI.  Why aspire to be under that - average is healthy, right?

2 comments:

Magda said...

Michelle, I could write my own 'I wish' post just about people who blatantly take no care of themselves where nutrition and exercise is concerned, get sick, cant get well again and then mope around for weeks wondering why. Why do people who know better, care so little???

Unknown said...

That is pretty frustrating.