Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Wish

I wish I could write well.  I often know what I want to say but it always comes out wrong so I end up not saying anything.  I wish I could explain to people that being fitness model lean does not necessarily make you happy - particularly if it means flogging yourself in the gym 2 - 3 times a day and 'eating clean'.  I want to say that I can understand what they are going through; I know that it's hard to see your role models with their amazing bodies and feel like that you, despite all your hard work, fall short.  I wish I could say something incredibly intelligent to make them feel better when they beat themselves up when their measurements or weight doesn't go down.  I wish they could see their beauty, I wish they could be amazed by what their body can do when it's not carb depleted and exhausted - if only they treated their body right.  I want to say that it's okay to be normal, it's okay to have the average body fat %, to be an average weight or to have an average BMI.  Why aspire to be under that - average is healthy, right?
Post a Comment