Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Frustrations

I may have said it before but I am having a love/hate relationship with Crossfit.  I love the fact that I know I will always get a fantastic workout, I love the camaraderie and that it is a different experience every time I go.  This last point is also a downfall for me.  I find it hard to gauge if I'm improving due to not doing the same thing each week and because of that I feel like I'm going nowhere fast.  If I'm honest with myself I know that I don't build muscle and strength quickly so perhaps my expectations exceed the reality.  I want to be able to lift more but I need to have a little patience.

Last night I set myself a goal for my strict press which I didn't meet (a measly 2.5 kg short) but if I look on the bright side, I did 7 set of 5 reps of shoulder press, worked to fatigue on the 5th set, dropped back in weight and pushed through for the other 2 sets and fatigued again.  I have DOMS in both my upper body and lower body as we had to do a set of 10 pistol squats on each leg after each shoulder set.  Despite not reaching my goal, I know I worked as hard as I could and I gotta be happy with that.

2 comments:

Magda said...

You sound a little like me Mich. I like routine and have no problem with doing the same workout for a few weeks. Too much variety does my head in. I think that's why I loved Les Mills' programs because I could gauge the improvements based on repeating the training.
Regardless. Good work on your Crossfit training. I couldn't do a pistol squat if my life depended on it LOL.

Unknown said...

I think that not totally committing to Crossfit is probably a good thing for me as I am still getting some routine which I find I need.