Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Doing The Impossible

Today's WOD is:

For Time.

25 Calorie Row
25 Wall Balls 10kg/6kg
25 Knees to Elbows
250 Double Unders
25 Burpee Pull Ups
25 Box Jumps 24/20inch
250m Run

My training has been fantastic recently and I have hit a couple of PBs (why do I always think of peanut butter when I see PB .... mmmm ... peanut butter ...*drool*).  The workouts have been tough but doable with some scaling.  And then I saw the workout for today and it sent me into meltdown mode (yet again!!!)  Currently, I can't string 2 double unders together, let alone 250 of the suckers, I still have issues with box jumps and burpee pullups, I mean, WTF???  My first thoughts was that, for me, it was impossible.

Mal noticed when I was practicing my double unders last night was that I stop skipping before the rope completed it's second rotation.  It's like I had decided that I wasn't going to make the skip before I even started.  I am like that with the above workout ... I have already told myself that I can't do it and am trying to talk myself out of going. Something I have learnt over the time training with Liz and through the 12wbt is that I'm more capable than what I give myself credit for.  With that in mind, I will go tonight and give it my best shot.

No comments: