Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

I survived


All I can say is, "Thank God for scaling!!" 250 double-unders became 50 attempts, box jumps were step ups (as usual) and burpee pull ups were scaled to 25 prisoner burpees (go down to the floor and do 3 in-and-outs with the legs and jump up) followed by 25 jumping pull ups.  I'm grateful to Nick for talking me into my scaling option for the double unders as my initial thought was to do the 500 skips.  As he explained, at least I'm practicing (and potentially getting better at) my double unders if I'm doing attempts.  I did manage to get a few out (even if it meant a skip in between).



I have given myself a goal and I think it's one that most people that do CF have; it's to do a workout without scaling (or RXD).  This means some homework for me to work on some of the skills required and as I can only get to the box a couple of times a week I will be practicing at home.  I think I will focus on 1 or 2 things at a time and at the moment I think I will work on my double unders and seeing as I just purchased a band I will work on kippings as well. 
I love this - not just for Crossfit Women but Gym Women in general
As I continue on my fitness 'journey' I have noticed I am changing.  A trend on FB is to create a page for your friends and others to 'Like' which I have done for several people who are preparing for Bodybuilding competitions.  I have found over the course of this year that I have 'unliked' their pages as I can no longer read about the trial and tribulations of competing.  Don't get me wrong, I love to cheer these people on but I feel like I have moved on.  I seem to be drawing my inspiration from people who are competing in marathons, triathlons and the like or people from my CF box rather than purely appearance.  Because I'm vain, I still train to look good but I'm getting more satisfaction by improving on my time, weight lifted or reps in a workout.

No comments: