Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Ups and Downs

Last night I had one of the crappiest workouts in a long time.  I spent the afternoon yesterday calibrating some burners which involves standing in a tiny non-air conditioned room in front of 6 flames that are set at 820 deg C.  Despite taking regular breaks and drinking copious amounts of water I finished the day feeling like I had been put through the wringer.  In hindsight I shouldn't have gone to the gym but sometimes it puts me in a better mood.  The workout was tough and it's is the closest I have come to crying in the gym ... I just had no energy.

When I looked on the FB this morning I saw the WOD for today was 'Cindy' which is a 20 min AMRAP of 5 pull ups, 10 push ups and 15 squats.  I have done this benchmark workout previously so am keen to give it another go to see if I can beat my score but unfortunately Mal has cricket training so I'm unable to go to the box.  Luckily I can do it at home but I do enjoy getting to the gym.  I posted on the page that I wish I could get there and I got a lovely message in my inbox from one of the coaches saying how well I'm doing and that she can see how motivated I am.  I get so frustrated some days and it is nice to get some encouragement from someone who sees me at the gym every week.  Just what I needed after a horrible session the night before.

No comments: