Pages

Monday, November 05, 2012

Still No Coffee

Day 5 of no coffee and I haven't suffered any withdrawals.  The only thing I've noticed is that I'm really hungry, it's like those extra calories from a coffee topped my belly up.  I also found that I started looking through the pantry yesterday for something to eat (boredom eating) whereas normally I would make myself a cuppa.  Tea just doesn't fill that hole in my tummy.  I'm actually quite surprised at how easy it has been to give up but I think I like the process of having a cuppa; it's the fact that I sit down and read the paper, Facebook, catch up with friends or simply sit on the veranda and watch the world go by.  I'm not one to have a cuppa sitting on the bench, taking the occasional sip while I rush around getting the kids ready for school or have one in the car on the way to work (that's my green tea).  I associate coffee with downtime which I'm sure most people do.  In saying that though, I do the same with a cup of tea.  It will be interesting to see how the rest of this month pans out.

1 comment:

Magda said...

A good start is always encouraging. Just take it a day at a time.

M